For Beckenhorst Press and The Music of Dan Forrest

Licensing is the way composers and publishers are paid for various uses of their copyrighted work, beyond the sale of sheet music. We're grateful for your cooperation, and want to make licensing as simple and clear as possible. Follow the outline below to find the license request form you need, then complete it and send to the email address provided on the form. We will reply promptly.

Would you like to...


Print or re-print...

  • Our lyrics (not music) in your...
    • church’s worship bulletin or slides: use a blanket license from CCLI or One License (*see explanation of these companies' licensing at the bottom of this page).
    • concert program (not for a worship service): clearly print composer, lyricist, and publisher names; no license required.
    • book, magazine, or other publication: Lyric Reprint License
  • Our music with lyrics translated into another language, for your choir to sing: purchase the full number of digital copies (PDFs) that you will use, from our website; then write your translation into your master copy before duplicating the number of copies paid for; no license required.
  • Our music you've adapted to print in your program for congregation/audience involvement (where we do not already offer a reproducible congregational product): Adaptation License
  • Our music, (or your arrangement of our music, after contacting us for a custom Arrangement License), in your published collection, for print or digital distribution: Print License

Write further arrangements of our music:

  • For small-scale customizations of our music (choral or instrumental parts), i.e. simplifying choral parts for a small men’s section, adding one obbligato instrument to a piece, or creating your own congregational part to be printed in your bulletin: Adaptation License
  • For arranging or revoicing choral parts for an entire piece (not just one section): Choral Arrangement License
  • For creating an instrumental ensemble accompaniment (i.e. string quartet, brass ensemble, orchestra, wind band, etc.) for our music; or an instrumental ensemble version (without choir) of our music: Instrumentation/Orchestration License

Perform our music in a concert:

  • (Note: worship services and middle school/high school performances are exempt from performance licensing for live performance; licensing is required, however, for livestreaming a concert- see note about CCLI/One License at bottom of this page).
  • Performance licenses for Dan Forrest’s LUX or the breath of life can be purchased directly from our website.
  • For other concert performances requiring a license, see our Performance License for more details about ASCAP and performance licensing.

Use the audio and/or video recording of your performance of our music...

  • In Rehearsal tracks: ChoralTracks has rehearsal tracks already available for much of our catalog.  If you wish to create your own rehearsal tracks (vocals and/or keyboard), they may be shared only with your own choir, and not monetized in any way, but no license is required. (Note, this policy differs from many other publishers.) 
  • On an audio recording (either a physical audio CD [whether sold or given away] or a digital download (i.e. iTunes, Amazon Music, etc): Mechanical License (updated Jan. 7, 2023) We encourage direct voluntary licensing, and are not registered with Harry Fox.
  • On a video recording (either a physical DVD or a digital download, whether on-screen (i.e. a video of your performance) or off-screen (i.e. as a soundtrack), whether sold or given away: Synchronization License
  • Online (including Virtual Choir performances):
    • On social media (i.e. YouTube/Vimeo, Facebook, etc.): A Monetized Video License is only required if you are monetizing your video. See our Social Media and Live Streaming policy for details. 
    • For downloading (selling downloads on iTunes, Amazon Music, etc; or posting audio of our music on the internet for download, not merely streaming, even if free): Mechanical License
    • Streaming audio (i.e. Apple Music, Spotify, etc): this licensing is paid by these Digital Service Providers to us through the MLC. Please list titles, composers, and publisher carefully when you submit your album to these providers, and send us an email notifying us of the album so we can be sure to match it to our registrations with the MLC. Mechanical or Synchronization licenses are still required for non-streaming applications, as mentioned above. Please contact us with any questions.
  • In a webcast/livestream of...
    • Worship services which include our music: we recommend using a Streaming Add-On License from either CCLI or One License (whichever company you already use; see explanation at the bottom of this page). (Also see our Social Media and Live Streaming policy)
    • Concerts (not worship services): we recommend reporting your live stream through your ASCAP performance license. If you are not an ASCAP member, you may use our Performance License instead.
  • In Radio or TV broadcasts of a performance (live or pre-recorded): Broadcast License


Questions? Contact us here.

*CCLI/One License:

These companies provide blanket licenses (covering multiple publishers' complete catalogs) for churches, who then report their music usage on surveys. (CCLI covers more evangelical/contemporary publishers, and One License covers more liturgical publishers; we partner with both, so you can use either one). Live performance in a worship service is exempt from licensing, but if you print our lyrics in your bulletin (Print Use) or project our lyrics on a screen (Digital Use), you need a standard license from one of these companies. If you live-stream your services, you need a Streaming Add-On license as well. (Streamed performances are not exempt the way live performances are). Please be sure to carefully report all of your usages on your surveys; this doesn't cost you anything more, but allows us to capture our share of the revenue. 

Master List of our Licenses, for reference:

These policies are subject to revision and change at any time. Please consult actual license request forms (available in links above) for complete details, terms, and conditions of each license.

Composers: "The Business of Composing: Part 2, Licensing" is a freely available comprehensive guide (written by Dan Forrest and Jake Runestad for ACDA) to the various revenue streams available to composers from licensing.

to top