We strive to be a "composers first" publisher! We welcome submissions from all composers, including sacred/church anthems and a limited amount of the highest quality secular/school/community/collegiate choral works. We are also actively seeking to partner with people of color and women, as we expand our catalog.
- Familiarize yourself with our New Issues and Best-Sellers to see what we are publishing and selling most successfully. We seek deeply compelling creative ideas that will stand out, artistic piano accompaniments, and strong contributions to choral repertoire in any style.
- Submit only 1-2 pieces, representing your best work, not submitted to other publishers concurrently. Be selective; we publish an extremely limited number of pieces each year, that we believe can "rise to the top" of the crowded sheet music market.
- Recordings are not needed. As professional musicians, we audiate the best possible rendition of your score when reviewing. Only send a recording if it's an outstanding live performance; anything less detracts from your submission rather than helping it.
- We accept submissions anytime and try to reply within a few weeks; however, sometimes it takes longer due to a variety of factors. Our two annual releases are selected, edited, and finalized by mid-January (music for fall) and mid-July (music for the following spring).
- We believe all composers benefit from a trusted editor's feedback. Since our founding, we have worked intensively with composers to make each piece the very best version of itself that it can be - achieving its maximum potential while preserving the integrity of the composer's unique voice. Our composers, as well as our industry partners, regularly bear witness to the value and success of our approach.
Note: Choral works or educational materials suitable for young choirs (K-12) may be submitted to Indianapolis Children's Choir Publishing House (sold exclusively through Beckenhorst Press) by emailing Leeann Starkey. ICC reviews submissions quarterly in March, June, September, and December; as always, please submit to only one publisher at a time.